Day 1: World Building for Movies and Games
World Building for Movies & Games: Tuesday 29 September
Presented by Control Conference & Netherlands Film Festival
Making viewers and players believe in a world that doesn’t exist is spectacularly difficult. But it can be done. During this brand new seminar some of the world’s best movie and game makers will share their secrets.
We’ll dive into the creation of worlds, from concept, to production and the introduction of that world to players and viewers. Writers, VFX-artists, game designers, concept artists, composers, they all play an integral part in the creation of the many worlds that amaze audiences all over the world.
SEE THE SCHEDULE
Some examples of the programme (subject to change):
- Justin van der Lek (ILM, WETA Digital, Digital Domain), who is currently working on Star Wars Episode VII, talks us through the creation of some of his favourite scenes and worlds he helped to build;
- Game designer Richard Boeser will reveal the untold narrative for his award winning game ibb & obb, and how that story, which isn’t in the game, was instrumental in creating its world nonetheless;
- Concept artist Edvige Faini will show her work on movies like Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Edge of Tomorrow and Jupiter Ascending and how that was translated to the final scenes;
- Lennart Sas will talk about the creation of his million selling Age of Wonders– and Overlord-series and how he and his team created those worlds and their characters;
- We have a conversation with Jan Roelfs, double Oscar nominated production designer, known for his amazing work on the SF-classic Gattaca.
register now! €99 Combi: main conference + world building: €169